Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vet issue

Lea is active, and recovering now! She has big appetite and playful. Trying to mix around with Senget and Emma after the death of her siblings, Lara and Lisa. After I send her to Bangi vet, afew hours later, Lara died. Lea was lonely. I disinfect the whole house including cage and food bowl, litter box, but still, I need to force feed Lea with Hills I/d. And she don't have that appetite at all and not playful. She's getting skinner than before. I even did research on the virus that the Bangi vet said. My shock, the symptoms and the way the virus spread is different than what the Bangi vet told me. I'm kinda confuse so I ask Shah Alam vet( the vet I usually go) for second opinion. To my surprise, Shah Alam vet did some examinations and he told me that Lea is healthy and she is alert. Cat's with virus are not alert. Maybe she vomit because of worm and big SHOCK, she ate when the vet gave her fussiecat wetfood. No force feeding ok!He told me that maybe Lea is a fussy cat afterall coz some cats get boring easily when they eat one kind of food. He prescribe Lea diarrhea's med and antibiotic.

Some story i didn't reveal so now I wanna do it for your information. We're in Cyberjaya so Shah Alam is way too far for me to travel so usually i'll go to Putrajaya Taman Warisan's Vet which is a branch of Mesra Vet Bangi Seksyen 7. The Late kittens which is Louise, Senget, Emma, Piper,Tupai Jr., Tupai Jr. II, Piper Jr. and many many more were having mild flu and conjunctivitis i guess, so I bring all of them to the Mesra vet so she prescribe them some flu meds and eye drop. Things turn out to be fine. All of them recover (except Senget and Emma) but just for awhile. Afew days they were ok, then they get worst. One by one start to die and Louise, Senget, and Emma flu getting worst so I send them to Shah Alam vet. Vet told me that Louise has terrible ulcer and Herpes. Senget and Emma, vet gave them some meds and they recover now and are back into business, destroying everything! Sadly,Louise didn't make it. For Lea's case, when I bring Lea and Lara to the Mesra vet, the vet just ask me what's wrong with them and straight away say they have "Hawar" virus. Not even examine them. She barely touches them. Just their ear. That's all. And common', they even charge RM1 a syringe!! And it's recycled syringe not the new one in the packaging! Never in my whole life I need to pay for syringe!Before all of these happen, I ever send Rashidah, Pendek, Panjang, Lana, Late Louise to Mesra vet because they are having high fever. They never gets well with the meds that vet gave and they get even worst. In the end I need to go to Shah Alam vet, and they recover. I'm kinda disappointed with Mesra vet. The vet is not friendly and she always answers my questions lazily. Some forumer didn't experience all these when they visit Mesra vet, some did. Some said, maybe depends on luck and maybe they threat us depends on who you are. From all these bad experiences with Mesra vet, Bubu's Shelter officially banned this vet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...